2018 FIFA world cup first semi final picture is clear after Belgium crashing out the fans favourite Brazil 2 -1 in the tight game at the Kazan Arena on Friday. Belgium will be facing the France in the first semi final on July 11.
At Kazan arena, the second quarter final match between Belgium and Brazil was nothing but Final before Final. It was such tight game and at the end Neymer and co could not fulfill their run into the World cup trophy. With the exit of Brazil from the 2018 FIFA world cup, only 6 European teams are remaining in the tournament.
- Belgium win a thrilling quarter-final against Brazil
- The Red Devils Belgium opponents will be France in the semi-finals
- Kevin de Bruyne awarded with man of the match in the game Brazil vs Belgium quarter final
Watch Full highlights of Brazil Vs Belgium Quarter final match in 2018 FIFA world cup Russia
The game started with flurry of attack at both sides. The Belgians were ahead against the run of play after Fernandinho, replacing the suspended Casemiro, deviated a flicked-on corner into his own net. Belgium 1 – 0 Brazil. 2018 FIFA world cup is becoming world cup of self goals.
Second goal was nothing but brilliance of Lukaku, who took the ball from middle of the ground and moved almost outside the box of the brazilians. His timely pass reached to Kevin De Bruyne legs. WIthout any hesitation, Bryune hit a terrific left footer into the left corner of brazilian post. Brazil 2 down against the Red devil Belgium.
The South Americans tried to pile the pressure on their opponents again after half-time but a combination of the excellent Thibaut Courtois and feverish defending proved too much to break down. As the spurned chances stacked up, it was left to substitute Renato Augusto to head home a Coutinho cross to hand Brazil hope.
Belgium refused to fold, however, in the enthralling closing stages, ensuring Roberto Martinez’s side reached the World Cup semi-finals for only the second time in their history.
“I thought it was a great match and we had a lot of it, with plenty of possession and a lot of opportunities. But Belgium were more effective in converting their opportunities. They have a lot of top players and finished well. [Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut] Courtois also made a real difference. It was a very impressive game between two games with fantastic technical qualities. For all the pain I feel right now, if you like football, you have to watch this game. It’s going to give you pleasure. If you’re a neutral, you can sit back and say ‘What a match!’ Anyone who appreciate football can see that this was a beautiful game.” – Tite, Brazil coach
In the first semi final of 2018 FIFA world cup Belgium opponents will be France , which is supposed to be equal to a Final clash as both teams are known of their aggressive attacking play and ability to score goals.
See all goals between Brazil Vs Belgium 2018 FIFA world cup Quarter final match:
- FERNANDINHO (BRAZIL) SCORES AN OWN GOAL!!
- Belgium take the lead and it’s the luckless Fernandinho who will be credited with the goal! Vicent Kompany rises highest to flick on a De Bruyne corner at the near post and his glancing touch deflects off his Manchester City team-mate and into the net.
- DE BRUYNE (BELGIUM) SCORES!!
- What a goal! It’s 2-0 for Belgium thanks to a brilliant effort from Kevin de Bruyne, drilled into the far corner from 20 yards. But much of the credit should go to Romelu Lukaku, who bulldozed his way from inside his own half to set up the chance with an intelligent threaded pass.
- R. AUGUSTO (BRAZIL) SCORES!!
- A lifeline for Brazil! Coutinho clips a delicate cross into the area and Renato Augusto, with one of his first touches after coming on, flicks a clever downward header into the bottom-right corner of the net.
“When you play Brazil, I think you need to get a tactical advantage. Against them, there’s a psychological barrier – the yellow tops, the five world titles and everything that goes with that. So we had to be brave tactically. It was a big gamble to change things and we needed the players to believe. And today is not really about the tactics – it’s about the execution of those tactics. There were a lot of threats to stop and Hazard and Lukaku gave us that with their positioning on the pitch. Today was about their mentality and I’m the proudest man on earth because I gave the players a very tough tactical assignment and the way they believed until the last second was incredible.” – Roberto Martinez, Belgium Coach
Catch all latest scores, highlights, updates for FIFA world cup news in at Royaltrendingnews.com