Shocking defeat for Argentina on the hands of mighty Croatia, Pre Quarter dreams are now diminished for them. Argentina are on a verge of out of the 2018 FIFA World cup.
A complete nightmare. That was the game against Croatia for Argentina, who were unable to find their rhythm and paid a high price for Willy Caballero’s mistake. With this result, the chances of advancing to the next round are incredibly slim.
Croatia advanced to the Round of 16 for the second time in their history after cruising to victory over Argentina
What are Argentina chances of qualfying for Round of 16 ?
- Iceland need to loose atleast one of their next match against Croatia/ Nigeria. If two draws then Argentina need to Win the match against Nigeria would be sufficient.
- If Iceland Win 1 loose 1, then Argentina must win against Nigeria with keeping mind of Goal Difference. That is a big margin.
- If Iceland Win 1 Draw 1, then Argentina is definitely out.
All these chances are based on assumption that Argentina will have a comprehensive Win against Nigeria.
First half, Argentina tried to take the initiative and enjoyed the lion’s share of possession, they were unable to convert it into chances, with Sergio Aguero and a visibly ill-at-ease Messi largely anonymous. At hald time scores were 0 – 0.
At the second half, the Croatians promptly revealed the shortcomings of their opponents’ rearguard. A penetrating presence on the right, Ante Rebic capped a fine display by capitalising on a Willy Caballero error with a superb finish. Quickly Sampioli move to attacking mode ; though Gonzalo Higuain, Paulo Dybala and Cristian Pavon all showed flashes of inspiration after coming on, there was to be no revival. Taking full advantage of Argentina’s lack of composure at the back, Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic both scored to compound their misery.
Watch full highlights of Argentina 0 – 3 Croatia FIFA World cup football match here:
“I don’t know about shame, but I definitely feel pain. It’s been a long time as a coach since I’ve been through this experience and it’s much more painful when I’m wearing the jersey of my country. [In the last match] we have to fight, give it our all, and we really have no other alternative. There’s pain because we weren’t at the level that the Argentinian people expect of us. I beg for the fans’ forgiveness. Especially for those that make the great efforts to travel and see Argentina. I am responsible for this result. I believe I did the best job I could and I quite simply did not find a way to give them what they wanted.” – Jorge Sampaoli, Argentina Coach
See all goals details of Argentina 0 – 3 Croatia FIFA World cup football match:
- 53′: REBIĆ (CROATIA) SCORES!!
- Almost five years since his first (and before tonight, most recent) international goal, the No19 finishes as if he is a regular goalscorer on this stage. But he was gifted the opportunity by Willy Caballero, whose disastrous lofted pass fell straight to the Fiorentina forward – and he duly obliged with a thumping strike.
- 80′: MODRIĆ (CROATIA) SCORES!!
- It’s a stunning goal, that has stunned the Argentinian fans inside the Nizhny Novgorod Stadium. The Croatian midfield maestro receives the ball outside the Argentina penalty area, and composes himself before unleashing a curling effort beyond the helpless Willy Caballero. Surely there’s no way back for Sampaoli’s side now?
- 90+2′: RAKITIĆ (CROATIA) SCORES!!
- Three goals and surely three points – along with progression to the round of 16 – for Croatia tonight. Zlatko Dalic’s side broke with pace and overloaded the Argentinian defence. With La Albiceleste waiting for an offside flag that never came, Ivan Rakitic had the simplest of jobs to slot home.
“From day one I’ve trusted my team. I didn’t believe we would be through after the second game, but I believed we would be through eventually. Argentina weren’t confused, we were excellent. We’ve emerged from the group after two games. We’ve beaten Argentina with the best player in the world – Messi – and we played a fantastic match, everything was top notch. However, we have to be calm, humble, dignified, put in a good shift in a disciplined and responsible manner and as a team. I want my 22nd player in the squad to be as good as my first. Hunger and desire for victory: this is the only way we can achieve something. No one is happier than I am but I have to be calm, composed and keep my feet on the ground.” –Zlatko Dalic, Croatia coach
Catch all latest scores, highlights, updates for FIFA world cup news in at Royaltrendingnews.com
One thought on “Croatia 3 – 0 Argentina: Shocking defeat for Argentina, Pre Quarter dreams diminished – See FIFA world cup highlights, Match Summary and Live score updates”
Pingback: What is Argentina chances for qualifying into Round of 16, after Nigeria Vs Iceland Match -FIFA World Cup 2018 Group D standings | Royal Trending News