Russia’s delight in their home FIFA World Cup continued after a hotly-contested clash with Egypt burst into life in the second half. Russia become first team in FIFA world cup 2018 to qualify for the Pre-Quarter Round (Round of 16).
Cheryshev, Dzyuba and Fathi own goal put Russia on brink of knockout round
Salah scores consolation from the penalty spot
Russia become first team in FIFA world cup 2018 to qualify for the Pre-Quarter Round (Round of 16).
Denis CHERYSHEV awarded man of the match for his brilliant performance.
After a frenetic opening period, lacking the chances the energy and endeavour warranted, Egypt captain Ahmed Fathi handed Russia a gift by deflecting into his own net – already the fifth own-goal at Russia 2018. Denis Cheryshev and Artem Dzyuba then repeated their opening-match heroics by netting twice in three minutes to extinguish almost all of Egypt’s remaining hope.
Watch full highlights of Russia Vs Egypt FIFA World cup football match here:
Egypt, played very well at the first half holding Russia to a draw till half time. They were playing with with lot of confidence as their start striker Mohammed Salah was available for the game. But none of the chances they could put it into the nets.
At the second half Russia scored back-to-back which suddenly made scoreboard to 3 – 0. Being scored own goal and then 2 other goals, made Egypt down mentally. Still with Salah on the field they fancied their chances.
Some consolation Egypt got at 73′ minue when Salah was crusing to Russian box, he was being fouled, which gives Egypt a precious penalty kick. Salah made no mistake and scored a wonderful goal at the right corner of the post. But it was not enough to fulfill 3 goals debt.
Salah’s penalty came after a 350-minute goal drought for Egypt at the World Cup. Their last also came from a spot-kick, against the Netherlands in 1990, being scored by Magdy Abdelghani.
See all goals details of Russia Vs Egypt FIFA World cup football match:
- 47′: A. FATHI (EGYPT) SCORES AN OWN GOAL!!
- Roman Zobnin’s shot is heading wide, but Egypt captain Ahmed Fathi sticks out a leg and the ball skews off it and spins into the bottom corner of the net.
- 59′: CHERYSHEV (RUSSIA) SCORES!!
- Arguably the hero from Russia’s opening game gets another. Mario Fernandes picks the ball up inside the Egyptian half on the overlap, before cutting back to Denis Cheryshev.
- 62′: DZYUBA (RUSSIA) SCORES!!
- Another of the opening game’s scorers repears the feat! The ball falls to the feet of Artem Dzyuba – having seen so much directed towards his head – and makes no mistake in picking out the bottom corner.
- 73′: M SALAH (EGYPT) SUCCESSFULLY CONVERTS THE PENALTY!
- No mistake from Mohamed Salah. After the foul was adjudged to have taken place inside the area, the Egypt talisman fires his penalty high into the roof of the net. It was a penalty that sent the Pharaohs to the World Cup. Could that one help keep them here?
Catch all latest scores, highlights, updates for FIFA world cup news in at Royaltrendingnews.com